Thursday 24 September 2009

W11 - Sept 24


Yesterday’s highlights….sushi lunch from the Japan Centre with N4. We ordered way too much and ate too much. Total dream. Stopped in Joseph on the way back to the tube, where I fell in love with the entire A/W 09 Phillip Lim collection (see pic above). DANG IT. Home to bake cookie’s for hubby’s poker night friends. I am a domestic dream! Next, drinks with another fellow American friend at Pix – the new Tapas place on Westbourne Grove. Food was average, wine and atmosphere were nice. Definitely would never go for a meal, but could see it being quite appealing for a late night drunken snack. Next stop, Julie’s for this week’s installment of Gossip Girl. Must first mention though, on my way I stopped at Osteria Basilico to pick up our pasta fix for the evening. Outfit was casual cute – new Uniqlo jeans, can’t get enough of them – with blue silk cutie top from Provence, black Paul Smith cropped blazer, Marc Jacobs black heels, hair in low messy side bun with purple bow headband in honour of Blair. ANYWAY, as I was waiting, this pompous ass asked me to refill his water glass! I MEAN, do I LOOK like I work in a restaurant? Not that there’s anything wrong with that. He then never apologized and proceeded to avoid eye contact with me until my food arrived.


ANYWAY, GG episode two – MAJOR DISAPPOINTMENT. GG in college just does not work. Once again, I know I can’t give too much away, but first of all, where was Jenny the entire epi? In school? Getting a makeover? Let’s hope so. And Eric for that matter was also completely MIA. Luckily he has no plot line anymore, so that didn’t really matter. But, honestly, how’s this going to work? Even GG herself didn’t make an “appearance” till the very end. No insightful biting comments throughout? DISASTER! Scott, or Antonio as I like to call him, is still super annoying and mysterious in a NOBODY CARES kind of a way. Per usual, the only parts I enjoyed were when Blair and Chuck were together, as they should be, in perfect harmony.


Off to NYC and Chicago today, so sure to be much excitement in the next coming weeks. STAY TUNED my devoted fans. All three of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment