Monday 7 September 2009

W11 - Weekend of Sept 4th





Delightful weekend! Had a friend in town from Sydney who was eager to check out The Westield, and I, if you can believe it, had not been there yet! So we spent Saturday afternoon AT THE MALL! I NEVER shop at malls, especially as a city dweller, but I must say there is something comforting about them. I think mainly because they are all the same. As soon as you enter a mall, you could be anywhere in the world – you could be home. They smell the same. The sounds are the same The food court with the gooey chocolate chip cookies you hate to love are the same. And the cheesey people bustling around in hoping to be fashionable clothes are all exactly the same.


Stopped in Gap just to confirm there were actually some great pieces for Fall. Check out the cute dress above. Also fell in love with a white sequined blazer at Top Shop.


We also wandered around the “village”, which is the luxury section of Westfield Mall. Nothing surprising there, but I did visit the flats I want at Miu Miu. They seemed pleased to see me.


Not sure I will be racing back to the mall anytime soon. Zara was a shit show and Hollister actually had a velvet rope outside and was making people wait in line to get into the store. It was so Abercrobmie-esque it was ridiculous, except instead of hot shirtless guys at the door, there was one pasty adolescent boy with over producted hair. Still, it was a fun excursion and always nice to get a dose of familiarity if you’re feeling homesick!

No comments:

Post a Comment