Wednesday 2 September 2009

SW6 - Weekend of August 28, 2009



After very few hours sleep and with a very cheaky glow I headed off to Normandy, France with 3 of my girlfriends (never to be repeated in front of potential or even real boyfriends but they would so be my bridesmaids!!! So wrong that I just said that!) to visit my mother who is currently going through a horrible breakup. The weekend was perfect; inapropriate amounts of food and continuous laughter. There is nothing more libarating than being with just women and especially woman of different ages and stages of life I love it. We took my mother to Deauville, the most amazing town, it is a small town on the sea and the only shops you will find are Dior, LV, Hermes, Ralph Lauren, Zadig Voltare, Longchanp...you get the picture. Mother like daughter; she ended up buying the most fabulous dress and shoes to cheer her up - nothing like a bit of retail therapy! She is my style icon, so chic and knows exactly what to wear when and every fashion faux pas to avoid, she is my fashion dictionary. Deauville is shopping heaven, the buys are amazing and there is not a Russian or Wag in site! Check out the pic of newly located LV, has to be the cutest one in the world! Racked up the biggest wish list in Sandro a French label that I am obsessed with, think Paul and Joe but rockier and slightly cheaper. Check it out on Sloane street, just opened at the Sloane Square end.

Bikini diet went down the drain, God damn French food hey W11!?! All in all a blissful weekend though; so nice to put a smile on my mother's face and touching to see my friends getting on so well with her. Although have returned with a cold, I think something to do with driving with roof down in not the warmest weather whilst screaming along to everything from Ace of Base to Dizzy Rascal - might expain my lack off voice!

No comments:

Post a Comment