Friday 11 September 2009

W11 - Sept 10






Sadly, I spent most of yesterday afternoon trying to figure out what to wear in the evening, as I went out with my friend Natalie (introduced to me by N4 and SW6) and her friend Susannah, to Vogue’s Fashion’s Night Out. Decided on my tan Top Shop coulottes (LOVE saying coooolottes), my new navy striped sweatshirt top from Paris, Navy Helmut Lang denim jacket with a little Chanel pin on the collar, tan APC heels, BIG owl necklace, two Chanel bangles and red patent Miu Miu bag! Casual cool! P.S. Just between you and me, I always like to list the labels I’m wearing in my head, but for last night’s thing in particular I kept thinking maybe one of the stores would be having a contest where if you could list all the labels on your body, you won some amazing prize!!! Not so much….but you never know!


UHHH anyway, we walked all of New/Old Bond street and checked out most of the stores. Also stopped in one in particular to see SW6 working! Most of the shops were serving cocktails or champagne. The margaritas at Jimmy Choo were surprisingly good, popcorn at Joseph was delish, and the bacon and gruyere crepes at Nicole Fahri were not quite as good as they sound. I was MOST excited for Smythson, however, who I had read were giving out Primrose Bakery cupcakes (THE BEST IN LONDON), but by the time we got there, they were out! FIGURES! Apparently there were lots of Brit celebs around too, but I didn’t recognize anyone. I’ll leave those stories to SW6 who saw and spoke to most of them. I did see the Papparazzi outside of Burberry, which we later went into. Their party was SOO drole! Have no idea what that means, but I think it's good and Natalie kept saying it all night! Love new phrases! We capped off the night at the Japan Centre with some delish sushi, and then headed home on the bus. Not quite the stylish ending the evening deserved, but you know credit crunch, blah blah blah!


OH and to the woman in the checkout line at Tesco, yes that was my boob you elbowed (or body checked). You know who you are.


Pics are of cutie couple outside Burberry - look at the jacket she's wearing! The one I want from Top Shop! Two girls in Burberry party that Natalie knew - they were very fun and super British! Mackie, taller one on left, was telling us how she and her mom just adopted a baby elephant! And you can't really tell, but Natasha (Tash), had studs on most of her items of clothes and she looked really cool! Other pic is models in the windows at Louis Vuitton and popcorn guy at Joseph.

No comments:

Post a Comment