Monday 21 September 2009

W11 - Weekend of Sept 18


This weekend, and leading up to it, basically revolved around food…for a change! The highlight was actually Thursday night, as we attended a chef’s table dinner, thanks to our fab friends Natalia and Jason, at Divertimenti with Michelin starred chef Atul Kochhar. Each course, of the SIX, was better than the next, and thanks to my trusty friend Immodium, major IBS – have I not mentioned? - I was able to thoroughly enjoy it without awkward interruption. It was probably the best Indian food we have ever had, including a tour of India two years ago.


BUT, let’s back up to the beginning when hubby and I arrived late, only by five minutes mind you, to find 10 other people and the chef silently waiting for us. I think I won them over as I strode in wearing a huge chunky Chanel necklace and 4 inch heels, exclaiming in my ever so subtle American accent, "OMG we’re the LAST ones here! SORRY!!!" And to add insult to injury we then made everyone move chairs so that hubby and I could sit next to each other. I was a little nervous how the rest of the evening would go down, but after a few glasses of wine, we were all besties discussing our favorite London restos and chefs! PHEW! Personal fave of the night was Helen, with her flock of seagull’s do, and eccentric stories of being a buyer at Harvey Nicks to living in India. Other fave mo of the evening, was when Chef Atul took a call on his Iphone from his wife in the middle of explaining the lamb curry dish. PR stunt? I thought so, but hubby called me cynical. I mean maybe not, but didn’t we both go home to tell all our friends what a nice “family guy” chef Atul was? Worked like a charm Tully. Anyway, all in all an amazing evening – even got a little tipsy, verified twofold by hubby – 1.) When he announced to the group how great our free dinner was (uhh it wasn’t free for everyone) and 2.) Tripping up the stairs to our flat on our way home! YESSSSSSS!


Rest of the weekend consisted of meeting various friends for more delish meals in the hood. Came to a close on the couch with hubby sipping hot chocolate as he watched the Chelsea game and I flipped through the Oct issue of Vogue!

No comments:

Post a Comment