Tuesday 15 September 2009

W11 - Sept 14


Hubby and I went to the Electric last night and saw the September Issue! Loved! It really made Anna Wintour, Grace Coddington and the whole Vogue staff, seem so accessible and humanized (is that a word) – like real people. My friend, a fellow fashion industry insider, said she felt like the filmmakers caught Anna and Grace in vulnerable moments. Totally agree – from the second Anna started speaking I was surprised to hear an actual person making little jokes and almost insecure or self deprecating at certain moments. I felt bad for Grace at times, like she was being pushed out, but in the end I realized that wasn’t the case at all. Strongly disliked Charlie Churchwood, (or whatever his name is) the Deisgn Director. He seemed so ass kissy and sniveling. I think he’s not with the mag anymore though, so there you go! Makes you realize how much Vogue/Anna really have their hand in all aspects of the fashion world too, from recommending designers as consultants for brands like MANGO to helping Neiman Marcus get their merchandise into the store more quickly.


Was also fun to see some editors that I’ve worked with before. Really liked the scene with Anna and her daughter in their apt. I knew she lived on Sullivan Street in the West Village in NYC, but her townhouse was not what I expected on the inside at all. I guess I thought it would be super designy, but it seemed cozy and a little beige to me. Anyway, really enjoyed the movie and the glimpse into Vogue. Made me a little sad that I’m not a part of it all at the mo…. OH and had never seen a movie at the Electric before – quite civilized! Had a little popcorn and hot chocolate on my leather seat and settled right in! We’re going again next Monday to see Julie and Julia! Can’t wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment