Friday 4 September 2009

W11 - Sept 3, 2009


Another exciting day in the life of the unemployed! We’re having J and J over tonight for dinner as a thank you since we made them drag 5 bottles of wine for us back on the train from Provence. So spent all morning sitting on the couch in my pj’s surrounded by cookbooks trying to decide what to make that goes with red wine, is still within the BUDGET and wasn’t chicken or pasta since I made that for them last time. It was quite trying I must say. Then realized I was doing all this and sighing heavily as our cleaning lady stood behind me ironing hubby’s shirts. Kinda felt a little ridiculous, so finally figured out the menu and went to the gym. Yikes.


Anyhoo, have decided on a duck, fig radicchio and walnut salad, walnut parmesan bruschetta and my mom’s fruit crisp with oatmeal streusel and vanilla ice cream!! (pic of crisp above!)


Spent the entire afternoon trying to find radicchio for my salad. Most responses were, “What is that like a product or something?” or “Excuse me. Can’t understand what you’re sayin’” Ahhh the brilliant people of Britain’s customer service have reared their ugly heads once again. Finally found chicory, which is a substitute for radicchio, in case you ever find yourself in a similar situation.

Dinner was a HUGE success in the end! Nothing happened much for me in the world of fashion today unfortunately – although I did wear my new top from Paris, which received rave reviews!

No comments:

Post a Comment